You can apply if you:
- are a graduate or last year (senior year) student of an accredited secondary education institution (high school, lyceum or equivalent);
- satisfy the minimum score requirements of an acceptable international or country based examination: http://international.ncc.metu.edu.tr/admission-criteria-for-your-country
Note: citizens of Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, can check the following web site to find out if they satisfy the requirements to apply as international student based on country of graduation: http://international.ncc.metu.edu.tr/admission-criteria-for-your-country
Application for Provisional Acceptance:
METU NCC grants Provisional Acceptance for those students who like to apply before they set for the accepted exams and those who are waiting for their exam results given that they submit mock exam results testified by their schools. Students who have taken any of the accepted exams but are yet to complete their last grade in high school can also apply for conditional acceptance.
For successful application, please ensure that all relevant information and files mentioned below are ready for uploading, before the application process;
- Personal details and contact information,
- High School Diploma or Last Year transcript: A copy of a high school diploma in English or in Turkish.
- Exam used for application: please visit admission requirements link for details: http://international.ncc.metu.edu.tr/admission-criteria-for-your-country/ or expected grades report
- Passport copy: pages containing photo, name, surname & expiry date.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid report (if available at the time of application)
- Passport size photo 5 X 6 (to be later used for your student ID card)
- Application Fee: Bank receipt document for 55 USD paid through Bank Transfer to (METU NCC, Turkey IS Bank – Kalkanli METU Branch 6822- 0001875 / IBAN: TR 8700 0640 0000 2682 2000 1875 / Swift Code: ISBKTRISXXX) Note: use your unique 5 digits application reference number given by online application system for all payments (ex: 14X77) or METU Northern Cyprus Campus Online Payment System by credit card: https://opay.ncc.metu.edu.tr/?lng=en
Note: payment reference number will be automatically provided by the on-line application system (for on-line application link check below).
If you get accepted and choose to join one of the undergraduate programs, you will be asked at the time of the registration to provide official documents to support the information you have declared during the application process. You will not be allowed to register if you fail to submit the originals, attested by Ministry of Education and/or Turkish Embassy or if inconsistencies are identified in the information you have provided.
At METU Northern Cyprus Campus the medium of instruction is English. Students must submit the result of an approved English proficiency examination in order to pursue the degree program they are accepted to. Students whose English proficiency is not at the level required by METU are placed in the one-year English Language Preparatory Program.
The table below gives some recognized international English proficiency examinations and their scores considered equivalent METU-EPE scores.
|METU EPE (on-campus)||TOEFL IBT||IELTS(Overall Band)||EXPLANATION|
|60||75||6.0||Score required for exemption from the English Preparatory Program|
|70||86||7.0||Score required for exemption from the English Preparatory Program for English Language Teaching Program|
Application for Fall (September intake) is open from the end of March to the beginning of September.
Application for Spring (February intake) is open from the end of October to the beginning of January.
In order to start your application please click on the link below;
apply.ncc.metu.edu.tr/enter/11 (click become an applicant and create a log in)